Musotrees Volume 7
VOLUME 7 - MALAYSIA & INDONESIA ISSUE
In Pangkor Island, Malaysia, we learnt of Munir Shaari’s nation-wide journey of rediscovering his Malay roots through Misi Mencari Melayu. On the country’s East Coast, in Kuala Terengganu, we visited the Nysakapas backyard studio, where former city girl Nisa developed handmade batik terap with modern, progressive motifs. Back in our home base, Kuala Lumpur, Zeejay, Cliff and Fidella of The Alphabet Press related their success story which led to the birth of ana tomy. From the sleepy town of Behrang in Perak across the South China Sea to Sabah on the Borneo Island, our contributors offer personal anecdotes, travel experiences and unique perspectives of the country they call home.
In Indonesia, between its capital Jakarta and arts mecca Yogyakarta, we encountered authentic stories from ceramic artisans at Kandura Studio, puppet makers at Papermoon Puppet Theatre, independent print publishers of Manual Jakarta and campervan travellers Nuvantara. Jakarta and Yogyakarta may be among Indonesia’s most well-known cities, but through our contributors, we caught a glimpse of their secrets and nuances from an insider’s view.
Contents (162 pages):
- From Behrang to Kota Kinabalu: A Trail of Memories by Ed Shamsuddin
- Interview, Kuala Terengganu (East Malaysia): Nysakapas
- Nusantara Flavours: Lessons from My Father by Denise Hung
- Interview, Pangkor Island (West Coast Malaysia): Misi Mencari Melayu
- Finding My Roots by Hana Zamri
- Interview, Kuala Lumpur: The Alphabet Press
- Interview, Jakarta: Kandura Studio
- A Beautiful Day in Jakarta by Primo Rizky
- Interview, Yogyakarta: Papermoon Puppet
- Interview, Jakarta: Manual Jakarta
- Interview, Yogyakarta: Nuvantara
- The Enchantment of Yogyakarta by Andrea Rahardiana
- International shipment is available using Fedex Express
- The shipping rate will be calculated at check out
For Malaysian buyer, if you prefer to pay using bank transfer, please email us at email@example.com for bank details
Orders are shipped from Kuala Lumpur
DUE TO COVID-19 CRISIS, THE SHIPMENT PROCESS MIGHT TAKE LONGER THAN USUAL. YOUR KIND PATIENCE IS MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.